To be clear about this Cupra sub-brand has a slightly different brief, mixing performance with uniqueness and sophistication.
That’s why the first Cupra model is an Ateca and not, say, a Cupra Ibiza.
Cupra Ateca features the VW Group’s EA888 2.0 TSI engine, in this case tuned for 296bhp and 295lb ft of torque, propelling the 1632kg SUV from 0-62mph in 5.2secs on its way to a top speed of 153mph.
Cupra Ateca specification
- Transmission – 7-speed automatic TSI engine
- Cylinders – 4 inline
- Displacement – 2.0L (1984 cc)
- Power – 296bhp
- Torque – 295lb ft of torque
- Max Engine Speed – 247km/h (153 mph)
- Weight: 2,095 kg (4,619 lbs)
- Length: 5 m (196 in)
- Width 2.1 m (82 in)
- Height: 1.49m (58 in)
- Luggage volume: 530 L (18.7 cu ft)
- Fuel tank: 80 l (21 gal)
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-60mph): 5.2 sec
- Consumption: 8.5 litres/100km
- CO2 Emissions: 192 g/km