The 2018 Chevrolet Corvette is pound-for-pound one of the most thrilling rides on the street. Even the base model delivers more than enough fun for the average driver.
The C7 Corvette sits wide and low, and it wears lots of scoops and ducts.
Engine & Power
All Corvettes drop hardcore performance. The base Stingray and mid-line Grand Sport sport a 455-hp (460 hp with the optional performance exhaust) 6.2-liter V-8.
The Stingray can have a Z51 package that adds stiffer suspension, upgraded brakes, an electronic limited-slip differential, and aerodynamic tweaks.
The Grand Sport has a wider rear end that accepts bigger high-performance tires. It also gets some of the Z06’s handling bits and an aerodynamics package.
The Z06 towers over other Corvettes with its supercharged 6.2-liter V-8, 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque. A 7-speed manual matches revs automatically on downshifts.
The optional, quick-shifting 8-speed automatic has steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. A Z07 package on the Grand Sport and Z06 turns those cars into beastly, controllable track specialists.
C7 Corvette price
$60,000-$100,000 price range
The Corvette’s base engine—GM’s LT1 6.2-liter V-8—produces a healthy 455 hp (or 460 hp with available performance exhaust) and makes great sounds along the way.
The V-8 provides plenty of grunt, pushing the car from 0-60 mph in just 3.8 seconds with the 7-speed manual or 3.7 seconds with the available 8-speed automatic. It runs the quarter mile in a mere 11.9 seconds with the automatic or 12.0 seconds with the manual.
With the C7, the Corvette interior takes a big step up in quality, especially in the Z06.
Trim levels and Price
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Coupe – $55,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Convertible – $59,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe – $60,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Z51 Convertible – $64,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport Coupe – $65,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport Convertible – $69,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Z06 Coupe – $79,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray Z06 Convertible – $83,495
- 2019 Corvette Stingray ZR1 Coupe – $118,900
- 2019 Corvette Stingray ZR1 Convertible – $122,900
- Transmission – 8-Speed A/T
- Cylinders – Gas V8
- Displacement – 6.2L/376
- Max Power – 455 hp @6000 rpm
- Max Torque – 460 ft-lb @4600 rpm
- Max Engine Speed – 300 km/h (185 mph)
- Weight: 1,581 kg (3,487 lbs)
- Length: 4.5 m (179.8 in)
- Width 1.96 m (77.4 in)
- Height: 1.23m (48.7 in)
- wheelbase: 2.7m (106.7 in)
- Luggage volume: 283 L (10 cu ft)
- Fuel tank: 70 l (18.5 gal)
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-60mph): 3.7 Seconds
- Braking: 100 – 0 (62-0mph): 88 ft / 27 m
- Consumption 16 City / 25 Highway
- CO2 Emissions @ 15K mi/year : 9.3
- Front Tire Size: P285/30ZR19
- Rear Tire Size: P335/25ZR20
- Wheels: 19-20-inch alloy wheels
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- 9 speaker Bose Audio System
- 2.41 Limited-Slip Rear Axle Ratio
- Two 8-inch diagonal HD color displays
- Warranty: 3 Years / 36,000 Mile
ZTK Track Performance Package – $2,995
Containing Performance Ride & Handling Suspension and Tires: P285/30ZR19 Fr & P335/25ZR20 Rr Run Flat
ZR1 Sebring Orange Design Package – $6,995
- Orange-Painted Calipers
- Wheels: 19″ x 10.5″ Fr & 20″ x 12″ Rr Carbon Flash
- Orange Custom Leather Stitch
- Competition Sport Bucket Seats
Exterior colors 12 Available:
- Black Convertible
- Blue Convertible
- Gray Convertible
- Kalahari Convertible
- Spice Red Convertible
- Admiral Blue Metallic
- Arctic White
- Blade Silver Metallic
- Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic
- Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat
- Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic
Interior colors – 5 Available:
- Adrenaline Red
- Jet Black
- Spice Red
Pros – Cool facts
Affordable Price. High-Powered V-8 Engine. Z51 Performance Package. Comes Loaded With Ample Standard Equipment. High-Quality Interior Design. Exciting Convertible Model
Some Models Can Get Expensive. Not a Great Winter Vehicle.
Pictures 2019 Corvette Stingray
The Chevrolet Corvette, known colloquially as the Vette or Chevy Corvette, is a sports car manufactured by Chevrolet. The car has been produced through seven generations.
The first model, a convertible, was introduced at the GM Motorama in 1953 as a concept show car. Myron Scott is credited for naming the car after the type of small, maneuverable warship called a corvette.
Originally built in Flint, Michigan and St. Louis, Missouri, since 1981, the Corvette has been manufactured in Bowling Green, Kentuckyand is the official sports car of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
While always being an automobile known for speed and performance throughout its history, the Corvette has evolved throughout the generations into becoming the widely regarded—although never officially declared—flagship model of the Chevrolet car brand.
- Porsche 911
- Nissan GT-R
- Audi R8
tags: c7 corvette z06, c7 corvette stingray, c7 corvette stingray zr1, corvette grand sport