For 2019 Chevrolet made several updates and added some equipment to lower trim levels.
The first big difference you can see by getting close is the fully chrome grille.
I liked the Equinox’s spacious back seat and competent road manners and handling and the optional 2.0-liter turbo-four provided plenty of power and the nine-speed transmission shifts well.
The interior is attractive and mostly well-configured. Doesn’t have an abundance of cargo space compared to rivals.
It has plenty of features that are standard throughout the lineup, and the inclusion of six USB ports ensures all devices will be charged.
Should you buy one ?
The Chevy Equinox is a good SUV, you’ll find supportive, spacious seats and some intuitive tech features. There aren’t many notable changes for 2019 but this last generation that began with the 2018 model year.
The buyer can chose the electronically controlled automatic transmissions
- 6-speed automatic transmission with 1.5 L engine
- 9-speed automatic transmission with 2.0 L Turbo engine
- 6-speed automatic transmission with 1.6 L Turbo engine
Chevrolet Equinox Price and Trims
- Chevrolet Equinox L – $23,800
- Chevrolet Equinox LS FWD – $25,900
- Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD – $27,600
- Chevrolet Equinox LT w/1LT FWD – $27,200
- Chevrolet Equinox LT w/1LT AWD – $28,900
- Chevrolet Equinox LT w/3LT FWD – $29,600
- Chevrolet Equinox LT w/3LT AWD – $31,300
- Chevrolet Equinox LT w/2LT FWD – $29,700
- Chevrolet Equinox LT w/2LT AWD – $31,500
- Chevrolet Equinox Premier w/1LZ FWD – $31,100
- Chevrolet Equinox Premier w/1LZ AWD – $32,900
- Chevrolet Equinox Premier w/3LZ FWD – $33,300
- Chevrolet Equinox Premier w/3LZ AWD – $35,100
- Chevrolet Equinox Premier w/2LZ FWD – $33,900
- Chevrolet Equinox Premier w/2LZ AWD – $35,700
Estimated Monthly Payment: $479 /month
You can chose between the following engine options:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- 2.0L Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- 1.6L Turbo-Diesel 4-cylinder engine
- Transmission – Hydra-Matic 6 Speed Automatic
- Cylinders – 4-Cyl Turbo
- Displacement – 2 Liter
- Max Power – 252 hp (188 kW) @5500 rpm
- Max Torque – 260 lb ft (353 Nm) @2500–4500 rpm
- Max Speed – 200 km/h (124 mph) (est)
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-60 mph): 6.9 sec
- Braking: 100 – 0 (60-0mph): 99.6 ft (30m)
- Consumption: EPA MPG 28 – 32 Combined
- Power to weight ratio: 83.0 W/kg
- CO2 Emissions: @ 15K mi/year : 6.4.
- Curb Weight: 1.485 kg (3,274 lbs)
- Length: 183 in (4,6 m)
- Width: 72 in (1,8 m)
- Height: 65 in (1,66 m)
- Ground clearance: 19cm / 7.6in
- Cargo capacity: Std/Max 30/64 cu. ft.
- Wheelbase: 107.3 in (2,7 m)
- Fuel tank: 56 l (14.9 gal)
- Tires front: 225/65 R17 102H
- Wheels: 7Jx17 ET41
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Bore and Stroke: 86.0 x 86.0 mm
- HD Surround Vision
- Bose premium 7-speaker audio system
- 7 or 8 inch color touch-screen display
- Warranty (basic): 3 year/36,000-mile basic
- Cajun Red Tintcoat
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- Ivy Metallic
- Kinetic Blue Metallic
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Nightfall Gray Metallic
- Orange Burst Metallic
- Pacific Blue Metallic
- Pepperdust Metallic
- Sandy Ridge Metallic
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Silver Ice Metallic
Pros – Cool Fact
Varied Engine Selection, Efficient Turbodiesel, Nice Standard Technology and Infotainment, Good Options, Good Road Insulation, Comfy Handling, High-end Safety Options
Basic Interior, Limited Availability, Smaller cargo area compared to most of its competitors
Pictures Chevrolet Equinox
The Chevrolet Equinox is a series of mid-size, later compact crossover SUV from Chevrolet, introduced in 2004.
Chevrolet unveiled the third-generation Equinox on the autumnal equinox on September 22, 2016. Gasoline-powered variants of the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox went on sale in early 2017, while diesel-powered variants arrived in autumn 2017.
New safety features introduced in the third-generation Equinox include a surround-view camera, forward collision warning, low-speed automatic braking, a Safety Alert Seat that uses vibration pulses to help alert the driver and avoid crashes, as well as a Rear Seat Alert system that alerts drivers who had opened the back door at the start of a trip to check the back seat once they get to their destination.
The third-generation Equinox also introduced new AWD system from GKN Driveline, which allows the driver to disengage the driveshaft to reduce friction and rotational inertia during the times the AWD is not needed.
Amp Electric Vehicles sells an all-electric conversion of the Chevrolet Equinox. They have sold their first electric Equinox to Dayton Power & Light, and had a five-year, 1,000 SUV order from Northern Lights Energy in Iceland.
- FORD ESCAPE
- Toyota RAV4
- HONDA CR-V
- JEEP CHEROKEE
- SUBARU FORESTER
- SUBARU OUTBACK
- KIA SORENTO
- HYUNDAI SANTA FE
Official site Chevrolet Equinox