For years, the RAV4 has consistently been among the top-ranked small SUVs. It has a suite of advanced safety features and offers a frugal hybrid version. The energetic 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and smooth six-speed automatic transmission returned 24 mpg overall in our tests of an AWD version.
It’s one of the best-selling cars on the road. It is preffered for its roominess, ride quality, and high level of standard safety equipment. A fully loaded model can top $35,000
Driving experience is not especially fun, but it’s fairly quiet and delivers composed, confident handling.
The 2018 RAV4 is offered in LE, SE, Adventure, XLE, Limited, and Platinum trim levels
The new special-edition model is called the RAV4 Adventure. It comes with the Tow Prep package:
- a higher ride height
- 18-inch alloy wheels,
- lower body guards,
- black headlight bezels and fog light surrounds,
- 120V power outlet in the cargo area,
- all-weather floor mats,
- special interior trim panels,
- leather-wrapped shift knob.
Price and Trim levels
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 LE – $24,510
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 LE Hybrid – $27,235
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 XLE – $25,600
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 XLE Hybrid – $29,130
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 Adventure – $27,800
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 SE – $28,890
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 SE Hybrid – $32,285
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 Limited – $31,005
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD – $34,170
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid – $34,130
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 Platinum – $34,850
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 Platinum AWD – $37,090
- Transmission – 6-speed automatic with manual shifting mode
- Cylinders – In-Line 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-valve
- Displacement – 2.5-liter I-4
- Max Power – 150hp @ 5,700 RPM
- Max Torque – 172 lb.-ft. @ 4,100RPM
- Max Engine Speed – 108 mph / 174 km/h
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-62mph): 8.4 sec
- Braking: 100 – 0 (62-0mph):154 ft / 47 m
- EPA Consumption MPG city/highway driving: 22-34/28-30
- CO2 Emissions 115-152 g/km
- Weight: 1,668 kg (3678 lbs)
- Length: 4,6 m (181.1 in)
- Width 1,84 m (72.6 in)
- Height: 1,67 m (65.9 in)
- Ground clearance 15.5cm (6.1″)
- Cargo volume: 38 cu ft (1076L)
- Wheelbase: 2,66 m (104.7 in)
- Fuel tank: 60 l (15.9 Gal)
- Tire size P235/55R18
- Wheel 18″x 5″ Sport alloy
- Compression Ratio: 10.4:1
- Bore and Stroke 89.9mm x 98.0mm (3.54″ x 3.86″)
- Audio Six Speakers
- 6.1-inch touchscreen Display
- 4.071 Axle Ratio
- Warranty: 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Galactic Aqua Mica
- Electric Storm Blue
- Magnetic Gray Metallic
- Blizzard Pearl
- Super White
- Ruby Flare Pearl
- Black Currant Metallic
- Black Sand Pearl
- S-Code Black
- S-Code Electric Storm Blue
- S-Code Super White
- Silver Sky Metallic
Pros – Cool Fact
Spacious interior. Lots of standard safety features. Large cargo area for its class. Wide range of trim levels. Rides well
Uninspiring interior styling and materials. Sloppy handling and steering.
Pictures Toyota RAV4
The Toyota RAV4 is a compact crossover SUV (sport utility vehicle) produced by the Japanese automobile manufacturer Toyota. This was the first compact crossover SUV; it made its debut in Japan and Europe in 1994, and in North America in 1995.
The vehicle was designed for consumers wanting a vehicle that had most of the benefits of SUVs, such as increased cargo room, higher visibility, and the option of full-time four-wheel drive, along with the maneuverability and fuel economy of a compact car.
Although not all RAV4s are four-wheel-drive, RAV4 stands for “Recreational Activity Vehicle: 4-wheel drive”, because the aforementioned equipment is an option in select countries.
In most markets, the RAV4 is the only compact SUV or crossover available from Toyota.
Since the 2006 third generation model, Toyota has offered both short- and long-wheelbase versions of the RAV4. Short-wheelbase versions are sold in Japan and Europe; long-wheelbase versions in Australia and North America. Toyota of Japan also sells the longer-wheelbase version as the Toyota Vanguard.
Japanese versions are sold at two different Toyota Japanese dealerships, called Toyota Corolla Store and Toyota NETZ Store.