The 2018 Subaru Forester continues to offer top safety scores and remarkable space inside. It’s spacious, quiet, comfortable, and capable.
Most Subaru Foresters come with a 170-horsepower, 2.5-liter flat-4 engine, though the 2.0XT has a 2.0-liter turbo-4 rated at a substantial 250 hp.
The 2018 Subaru Forester offers a pleasantly high driving position, lots of front elbow room, and a dashboard far enough away to make the interior feel spacious.
The 2018 Subaru Forester can be ordered as a 2.5i model with base, Premium, Limited, and Touring trim levels, or a 2.0XT performance model in Limited and Touring versions only. Prices start just over $23,000 and go as high as $35,000.
All versions have Bluetooth pairing, steering-wheel controls for the audio system, a 6.2-inch touchscreen for basic infotainment functions, and a rearview camera as standard.
A Black Edition trim package is newly available for Premium trims and it includes dark-finish wheels and special exterior accents.
Price and Trim levels
- 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i – $22,800
- 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium – $25,700
- 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited – $29,400
- 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring – $33.090
- 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium – $29,500
- 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring – $36,090
- Transmission – continuously variable-speed automatic
- Cylinders – flat 4
- Displacement – 1,998 cc / 2.5 L
- Max Power – 170 hp @ 5800 rpm
- Max Torque – 174 ft-lbs. @ 4100 rpm
- Max Engine Speed – 118 mph / 190 km/h
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-62mph): 6.3 sec
- Braking: 100 – 0 (62-0mph):115 ft / 35 m
- EPA Consumption MPG 32 City / 26 Hwy
- CO2 Emissions: 160 g/km
- Weight: 1,550 kg (3,422 lb)
- Length: 4,6 m (181.5 in)
- Width 1,8 m (70.7 in)
- Height: 1,7 m (68.2 in)
- Ground clearance 22cm (8,7 in)
- Cargo capacity: 68.5 cu.ft. (1940 L)
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 680 kg (1500 lbs)
- Wheelbase: 22 cm (8.7 in)
- Fuel tank: 60 L (15.9 Gal)
- Tire size: 225/
- Wheels: 17 and 18-inch alloy wheels
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Bore and Stroke 94 mm x 90mm (3.70″ x 3.54″)
- audio system with 8 speakers and a 440-watt-equivalent amplifier from Harman Kardon
- 7-inch high-resolution touch screen
- 4.44 Axle Ratio
- Warranty: 3 years./ 36000 mi.
Exterior Colors – 9
- Crystal Black Silica
- Crystal White Pearl
- Dark Gray Metallic
- Heritage Blue Metallic
- Ice Silver Metallic
- Jasmine Green Metallic
- Quartz Blue Pearl
- Sepia Bronze Metallic
- Venetian Red Pearl
Interior colors – 3
- Saddle Brown
Pros – Cool Fact
Comfortable Cabin. Great Visibility. Expansive Cargo Space. Powerful Turbocharged Engine. High Safety Ratings. Steering Responsive Headlights. Good ride
Lack of High-End Options. The cabin design and material quality is average. Front seats small for some
Pictures Subaru Forester
The Subaru Forester is a station-wagon based compact crossover SUV manufactured since 1997 by Subaru.
Available in Japan from 1997, the Forester shares its platform with the Impreza. It has been awarded Motor Trend’s 2009 and 2014 SUV of the Year and The Car Connection’s Best Car To Buy 2014.
The 2019 Subaru Forester was revealed on March 28, 2018 at the New York International Auto Show.
- Honda CR-V
- Toyota RAV4
- Ford Escape
- Mazda CX-5
- GMC Terrain
- Hyundai Tucson
- Chevrolet Equinox
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Jeep Cherokee
- Subaru Outback
- Subaru Crosstrek
Official link: Subaru Forester