The Alaskan differs from the Navara by front section of the truck that has been changed to give it a more familiar Renault appearance. The grille, bonnet, headlight and bumper are changed.
You can cheese between 6-speed manual or 7-speed automatic transmissions with selectable four-wheel-drive and a low-range gearbox. It’s available in two flavours: a 158bhp/297lb ft dCi 160, and a 187bhp/332lb ft dCi 190. Max payload is 1035kg, max towing capacity 3.5 tonnes.
Navara and Alaskan will compete against Toyota Hilux and Mitsubishi L200.
The Renault Alaskan 2018 will break the myth that the second-row passengers in pick- ups have to compromise on space and be cramped inside. The seats inside the cabin have been specially designed for providing comfort to the passengers on the long journeys. The seat will be adjustable with power or manually in six to eight ways. The front seats will come with a heating option.
2018 Renault Alaskan Price
Though the exact price of a particular Alaskan will depend upon the various personalization. That a customer wants in the pick- up, the base model is expected to be priced between $20000- $25000. Finally, the prices will definitely be higher for the other trims and the all-wheel drive engine.
Price and trim levels
2018 Renault Alaskan is priced between $20000- $25000 (est)
- Engine – 2.3-litre dCi engine
- Transmission – 6-speed manual and 7-speed auto
- Cylinders – 4-inline
- Displacement – cm3 2298
- Max Power – 190 HP @ 3600 RPM
- Max Torque – 187 BHP @ 3600 RPM
- Max Engine Speed – 113 mph / 182 km/h
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-60mph): 10.8 sec
- Braking: 100 – 0 (62-0mph): N/A
- Consumption (km/L) 14.5 or (6.3 litres/100 km) / 40 mpg
- CO2 Emissions 167 g/km
- Weight: N/A
- Length: 5,4m (212 in)
- Width 1.85 m (72.8 in)
- Height: 1.84m (72.7 in)
- Wheelbase: 3,1 m (315 in)
- Towing: 1,000kg (2,205 lbs)
- Fuel tank: N/A
- Tires (standard) 255/60 R18
- Wheels 16- or 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheel rims
- Bore & Stroke: 85 mm, 101.3 mm
- Compression Ratio 15.4 :1
- 4 or 6-speaker audio system
- 7″ diagonal color touch-screen
- Warranty: 3 Years/60,000 Miles
Color options – 7 Available
- Moon Gray
- Night Gray
- Deep Blue
- Black Ebony
- Brown Mink
- Brick red
- Ice White
Pros – cool facts
Fluid in operation is also fairly quick. The cockpit keeps disconnections of the road and noise. Ease of driving.
There is no depth adjustment for the steering wheel.
Pictures Renault Alaskan
Renault revealed the production version of the Alaskan Pickup Concept which will be based on the current Navara platform.
The Alaskan was shown alongside other Renault Models at the 2016 Paris Motor Show in October. According to some journalists it has not yet been confirmed if the Alaskan will be sold outside of Europe.
From October 2016, the Alaskan is sold in Colombia.
- Toyota Hilux
- Mitsubishi L200