2018 Nissan Frontier comes standard with a greater number of standard features.
Price and trim levels
- Engine – 4.0 L Regular Unleaded V-6
- Transmission – 5-speed automatic with manual shifting mode
- Cylinders – V6
- Displacement – 3954 cc, 241 cu in
- Max Power – 261 hp @ 5600 rpm
- Max Torque – 281 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
- Max Engine Speed – 113 mph / 182 km/h
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-60mph): 7.3 sec
- Braking: 100 – 0 (62-0mph): 134 ft (40m)
- Consumption MPG 17/15/21 comb/city/hwy
- CO2 Emissions @ 15K mi/year : 9.3 (Est)
- Weight: 2,638 kg (5816 lb)
- Length: 5,2m (205.5 in)
- Width 1.85 m (72.8 in)
- Height: 1,78m (70.1 in)
- Wheelbase: 3,2 m (126 in)
- Payload: 463 kg (1,020 lb)
- Towing: 2,853kg (6,290 lbs)
- Fuel tank: 80L (21.1 gal)
- Tires 265/75R16 All-Terrain
- 16-inch off road style wheels
- Compression Ratio: 9.70 to 1
- Bore and Stroke: 89 mm x 100 mm
- 3.692 Axle Ratio
- 10-speaker Rockford Fosgate Audio System
- 5.0-inch infotainment display
- Warranty: 5 Years/100,000 Miles
Color options – 8 Available
- Lava Red.
- Cayenne Red.
- Forged Copper.
- Magnetic Black.
- Gun Metallic.
- Brilliant Silver.
- Glacier White.
- Arctic Blue Metallic.
Pros – cool facts
Affordable starting price. Beefy V6 Engine. 10-speaker Rockford Fosgate Audio System. Smooth Ride. The interior controls are easy to use and well within arm’s reach
Four-Cylinder Models Are Not So Quick. Lacks a Roomy Backseat. Does Not Offer Many Advanced Safety Features.
Pictures Nissan Frontier
The Nissan Navara is the name for the D22 and D40 generations of Nissan pickup trucks sold in Asia and Europe; and the name for all generations of the vehicles in Australia. In North, Central and South America it is sold as the Nissan Frontier.
The D22 line began in 1997, replacing the D21 Nissan Navara truck. As of 2002, the D22 series pickup is no longer sold in Japan; the D22’s primary market being North America. It is currently built at the Nissan factory in Canton, Mississippi, United States. The Nissan Navara ST-X 550 is available with or without leather and GPS navigation.
For the Australian market, the D22 ran as a series 1 from the end of the D21 until 2003, when a series 2 was released with a new ZD30 Diesel engine and updated front end. The ZD30 powered D22’s were exceptionally reliable unlike the Patrol counterparts, but were replaced in 2008 with an upgraded Common Rail 2.5L Diesel engine.
The D22 Navara was run in parallel with the larger D40 until 2015. Both were replaced by the D23 Navara – locally known as the NP300 Navara as of 2015. This is not the same NP300 as the rest of the world, confusingly. This D23 is the basis of the upcoming X series Mercedes-Benz utility vehicle.
Nissan was the pioneer of the “Hardbody” or “Nissan Frontier” since 1986. The first was the D21, considered to be a small pick up.
After more than 10 years with the D21, the second generation Navara was manufactured from 1997 and went until 2004 which was classed as a compact sized pick up. It was replaced with the bigger, taller, longer D40, which Nissan now considers to be a mid-size pick up truck.
The Navara gets its name from the Navarre region of northern Spain, and the European version is built at the Nissan factory in Barcelona. In many European markets it is sold as the Nissan NP300.