2018 Dodge Challenger changes involve trim-specific grilles, fender badges, wheels, and colors. All Challengers now also have a standard rearview camera. But the biggest additions to the 2018 model year are the Hellcat Widebody and the Demon.
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is more than just another trim level. The SRT Demon is the world’s first purpose-built, factory production drag car.
With 840 horsepower and 770 pound-feet of torque when running 100-plus octane fuel, the Demon is indeed street-legal transportation. The single seat listed in standard Demon features underscores its dragstrip focus — a front passenger seat is a $1 option.
The most powerful V8 in the world, according to Dodge, is the supercharged 6.2-liter SRT Demon HEMI V-8 with a TorqueFlite high performance 8-speed automatic transmission with TransBrake, and it’s only available on the Challenger SRT Demon. If you run the Demon on 91 octane gas, it cranks 808 hp at 6,300 rpm and 717 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 rpm.
Trim levels and Price
- Transmission – 8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode pushrod 16-valve V-8, iron block
- Cylinders – Regular Unleaded V-6, 6 Cylinder
- Displacement – 6410 cc, 391 cu in
- Max Power – 485 hp @ 6100 rpm
- Max Torque – 475 lb-ft @ 4100 rpm
- Max Engine Speed – 283 km/h (176 mph)
- Weight: 1938 kg (4274 lb)
- Length: 5 m (198 in)
- Width 1.9 m (75.7 in)
- Height: 1.41m (55.9 in)
- Wheelbase: 2.95m (116.2 in)
- Luggage volume: 455L (16 cu ft)
- Fuel tank: 70 l (18.5 Gal)
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-60mph): 4.2 sec
- Braking: 100 – 0 (62-0mph): 117 ft / 35 m
- Consumption MPG combined/city/highway: 18/15/25
- CO2 Emissions @ 15K mi/year : 10.3, g/km: 333
- Tire Size 225/
- Wheels: 20-inch
- Widebody adds new 20×11-inch aluminum wheels with 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- 6-speaker premium sound system Standard
- 10-speaker BeatsAudio™ Premium Sound System
- 3.07 Axle Ratio
- 8.4-inch touchscreen
- Warranty: 3 years or 60,000 km
Color options – 10 available
- Billet Clearcoat [Silver]
- Go Mango [Orange]
- Yellow Jacket Clearcoat [Yellow]
- Maximum Steel Metallic Clearcoat [Gray]
- Destroyer Gray Clearcoat [Gray]
- White Knuckle Clearcoat [White]
- Octane Red Pearlcoat [Red]
- Torred Clearcoat [Red]
- Granite [Gray]
- Pitch Black Clearcoat [Black]
Interior: Black, Pearl/Black , Ruby Red/Black .
Pros – Cool facts
Good automatic transmission. Many engine options to choose from. Smooth eight-speed automatic. Affordable & Fuel-Efficient V6 Model. No Other American Muscle Car Offers All-Wheel Drive. Ultra High-Performance Challenger Demon. Smooth, Comfortable Ride. True Muscle Car Experience.
Pretty heavy, relatively hefty price. Poor visibility. Some Models Are Thirsty for Fuel
Pictures Dodge Challenger
2018 Dodge Challenger Side View
The Dodge Challenger is the name of three different generations of automobiles (two of those being pony cars) produced by Dodge. From model years 1970 to 1974, the first generation Dodge Challenger pony car was built using the Chrysler E platform, sharing major components with the Plymouth Barracuda.
The second generation, from 1978 to 1983, was a badge engineered Mitsubishi Galant Lambda compact car. The third and current generation is a pony car introduced in early 2008 as a rival to the evolved fifth generation Ford Mustang and the fifth generation Chevrolet Camaro.
The first car that carried the Challenger name was introduced as the limited edition Dodge Silver Challenger Club Sedan, an addition to the 1959 full-sized Dodge Coronet (fourth generation) model line produced in Detroit, Michigan.
- Subaru BRZ