2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4wd is a strong and capable workhorse.
Base Silverado 1500s include a 4.3-liter V-6 rated at 285-horsepower that’s more than adequate, but a 5.3-liter V-8 is the top-seller. The V-6 is rated to tow an impressive 7,600 pounds.
Both rear- and four-wheel drive are available as are three cab configurations—regular, extended, and crew. measure your parking spot carefully before selecting between one of the five bed/cab combinations available.
Has a softly squared-off dashboard that puts its 7.0- and 8.0-inch touchscreens up high where they’re easily visible. Controls are exactly where we’d put them and we like both the proliferation of USB outlets on most trims and the nifty toggle-style switches for certain controls.
The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has one of the highest levels of standard and optional safety equipment found on a full-size pickup.
Price and trim levels
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Work Truck: $28,285
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado LS: $31,695
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Custom: $35,495
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado LT: $35,895
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71: $41,295
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ: $43,595
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71: $48,195
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado High Country: $53,295
- Engine – DOHC 24-valve V-6
- Transmission – 5-speed automatic with manual shifting mode
- Cylinders – V6
- Displacement – 241 cu in, 3954 cc
- Max Power – 261 hp @ 5600 rpm
- Max Torque – 281 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
- Max Engine Speed – 113 mph / 182 km/h
- 0 – 100 km/h (0-60mph): 7.0 sec
- Braking: 100 – 0 (62-0mph): 1 ft (42m)
- Consumption MPG 17/15/21 comb/city/hwy
- CO2 Emissions @ 15K mi/year : N/A
- Weight: 2,093 kg (4616 lb)
- Length: 5,2m (205.5 in)
- Width 1.85 m (72.8 in)
- Height: 1,78m (70.1 in)
- Wheelbase: 3,2 m (126 in)
- Payload: 898 kg (1,980 lb)
- Towing: 4,445kg (9800 lbs)
- Fuel tank: 98L (26 gal)
- Tires 265/65R18 all-season or all terrain
- Wheels 17-in. aluminum
- Bore & Stroke (in / mm): 3.92 x 3.62 / 99.6 x 92
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- 6-speaker audio system
- 7″ diagonal color touch-screen
- Warranty: 3 Years/60,000 Miles
Color options – 8 Available
- Graphite Metallic
- Havana Metallic
- Red Hot
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Cajun Red Tintcoat. $495.00
- Deep Ocean Blue Metallic. $395.00
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat. $995.00
Pros – cool facts
All of the seats are well-bolstered and offer plenty of lateral and lumbar support. Quiet Ride. High Towing Capacity. Many Customization Options. User-Friendly Controls.
Lacks a Smooth Ride Quality. few of the materials look a bit cheap
Pictures Chevrolet Silverado
The Chevrolet Silverado, and its mechanically identical cousin, the GMC Sierra, are a series of full-size and heavy-duty pickup trucks manufactured by General Motors and introduced in 1998 as the successor to the long-running Chevrolet C/K line.
The Silverado name was taken from a trim level previously used on its predecessor, the Chevrolet C/K pickup truck from 1975 through 1998.
General Motors continues to offer a GMC-badged variant of the Chevrolet full-size pickup under the GMC Sierra name, first used in 1987 for its variant of the GMT400 platform trucks.